[FFmpeg-devel] RFC: setting format parameters from the URL

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Tue Apr 8 12:05:13 CEST 2008

On Tue, Apr 08, 2008 at 11:53:36AM +0200, Stefano Sabatini wrote:
> On date Tuesday 2008-04-08 03:00:08 +0200, Michael Niedermayer encoded:
> > On Mon, Apr 07, 2008 at 09:17:40PM +0200, Nicolas George wrote:
> [...]
> > > Furthermore, a quick search on Google Code Search seems to indicate that
> > > ffmpeg is the only application supporting AVOption. Which I find not really
> > > surprising, since AVOption seems undocumented,
> >
> > Patches documenting it are welcome, patches reimplementing the functionality
> > are not.
>
> I have already such a patch, I'm posting it into another thread.
>
> BTW, there is some particular reason for which AVOptions has been
> implemented in libavcodec rather than in libavutil (and would be
> reasonable to move the code there at the next libavcodec major bump?)

Is there actually a need for a major version bump? lavc already depends
on lavu always, so IMO there should not be a binary compatibility
problem, and the lavc header could just include the new lavu one.
But I had assumed that AVOption needs some things from lavc, which is
why it is still there.

Greetings,
Reimar D?ffinger