[FFmpeg-devel] r9017 breaks WMA decoding on Intel Macs

Nigel Pearson nigel
Thu May 31 01:03:30 CEST 2007

> I guess we'll get some updated development
> tools in two weeks with the 10.5 beta anyway.

Are you sure AS will actually be fixed?
Some people have been waiting since NeXt days!

> But honestly I don't think a lot of people would install
> different development tools just to compile ffmpeg

True, and neither should we taint the source
just to accommodate Apple's broken old assembler.

There are other ways, though. We could check
for the broken AS version in the Makefile, and;

1) flag an error to the user,

2) default to an un-optimised C version,

3) copy a pre-assembled version to use,

4) download a working assembler,

et c.

--
Nigel Pearson, nigel at ind.tansu.com.au|"Things  you  own
Telstra Net. Eng., Sydney, Australia | end up owning you"