[FFmpeg-devel] the future of fastmemcpy.h

Diego Biurrun diego
Sat May 26 20:13:54 CEST 2007

On Tue, May 22, 2007 at 10:55:27PM +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:

> > > What about licensing? Fastmemcpy is GPL, isn't it?
> >
> > We already have GPL code in FFMpeg, which is enabled only when
> > --enable-gpl is specified. Also making fastmemcpy optional won't be a
> > problem, as it is optional currently too.
> >
> > Should I try preparing a patch?
> >
> > Also in long term we could try asking fastmemcpy authors for LGPL
> > licensing. Big part of it was written by Michael anyway (agpcopy).
>
> you have my agreement for LGPL-ing the parts of fastmemcpy i wrote
> but IIRC part of the fastmemcpy code came from the linux kernel though
> maybe i remember that wrong its a long time ago ...

The file consists largely of two functions, memcpy_pic() and
mem2agpcpy().  The first was added by Arpi in r5505, the second by you
in r4682.  Arpi, did you write that function yourself or where did it
come from?  And if it's completely your code, do you agree to LGPL it?

Diego