[FFmpeg-devel] the future of fastmemcpy.h

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Tue May 22 22:55:27 CEST 2007

Hi

On Tue, May 22, 2007 at 10:15:43PM +0200, Alex Beregszaszi wrote:
> Hi,

> > > I thought today about moving fastmemcpy into libavutil.
> >
> > What about licensing? Fastmemcpy is GPL, isn't it?
>
> We already have GPL code in FFMpeg, which is enabled only when
> --enable-gpl is specified. Also making fastmemcpy optional won't be a
> problem, as it is optional currently too.
>
> Should I try preparing a patch?
>
> Also in long term we could try asking fastmemcpy authors for LGPL
> licensing. Big part of it was written by Michael anyway (agpcopy).

you have my agreement for LGPL-ing the parts of fastmemcpy i wrote
but IIRC part of the fastmemcpy code came from the linux kernel though
maybe i remember that wrong its a long time ago ...

The misfortune of the wise is better than the prosperity of the fool.
-- Epicurus