[FFmpeg-devel] Bounties?

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Thu May 24 19:22:06 CEST 2007

Hello,
On Thu, May 24, 2007 at 05:48:02PM +0100, Robert Swain wrote:
[...]
> :) Which country's law do we choose to be acceptable for handling
> people's money? My knowledge of law is not significant, only that the
> US has millions of laws because people sue for stupid reasons like "I
> put my cat in the microwave to dry it out and it died. There was no
> warning telling me not to do so. I want compensation." compared to
> most other countries which rely on common sense a bit more. So I
> hear, anyway.

I doubt there is much choice since it has to be one of the locations of
the people involved. Also I'd not really plan on a case where we need to
involve the law, hardly anyone of us has that kind of money to waste,
and due to tax reasons I don't think we really want to involve any
really big amounts of money...
But I think if we want this we should maybe ask some of those who have
done such stuff at LinuxTag, e.g. KDE (at least for donations, no idea
if they did bounties, too).

Greetings,
Reimar D?ffinger