[FFmpeg-devel] Bounties?

Mike Melanson mike
Thu May 24 08:01:05 CEST 2007

Justin wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I'm wondering if the ffmpeg development team supports the idea of
> soliciting bounties in order to encourage new features for ffmpeg.

I support the idea, and would be willing to put up money towards the
cause. It's one of the points I address in a talk I'll be giving about
the future of FFmpeg next week (LinuxTag, Germany).

> Is this something that the core team of developers has previously
> discussed and dismissed?  If not, is there a preferred method /
> website / scheme for supporting FFmpeg development in this fashion?

Like many great future directions for FFmpeg, this likely comes down to
someone actually taking the initiative to set up the system. I think we
already have the precedent for doing this kind of thing thanks to our
involvement with Google Summer of Code.

--
	-Mike Melanson