[Ffmpeg-devel] WMA encoding and Windows Media Player for Mac OS X

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Mon Mar 5 03:56:38 CET 2007

Hi

On Thu, Mar 01, 2007 at 02:11:03PM -0600, Tyler Loch wrote:
> >As of r7960, audio plays in WMP9 for Mac OS X.
> >It's recognized as "wmav2 - unknown" (the official encoder adds
> >pretty codec info in the metadata), but now plays quite nicely.
>
> Actually, it seems that although audio plays in WMP9 for Mac (and
> older WMV devices) with r7960, loud pops, blips and buzzes are heard
> randomly throughout the sound track.
> Also, Windows Media Player on Windows has a tendency to play back the
> audio entirely out of sync and at the wrong speed.
>
> r7955's asf-enc.c provides perfect audio and video playback on VLC,
> WMP Windows, Xbox360 and Flip4Mac, albiet but no sound on WMP9 Mac
> and older WMV devices.
> r7960's asf-enc.c provides perfect audio and video playback on VLC,
> Xbox360, and Flip4Mac, with sound glitches in WMP9 Mac and WMV
> devices, and bad sync/sound on WMP Windows.

ive fixed a few more random bugs in our asf muxer, could you retry?

I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his
enemies for the hardest victory is over self. -- Aristotle