[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] FFmpeg "developers conference"

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Wed Jun 20 15:10:34 CEST 2007

Hello,
On Wed, Jun 20, 2007 at 03:23:48PM +0300, Uoti Urpala wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-06-20 at 11:53 +0200, Reimar Doeffinger wrote:
> > Would it e possible for now to just keep svn but make the git-svn clone
> > writeable for developers?
> > Publishinng my tree via rsync just sucks.
>
> If you make "the" clone writable, then what? It'll have contents
> different from the svn tree while that is still the official state of
> the project? Or would changes be automatically committed from that to
> svn? If the latter then I think it's better for you to commit your
> changes to svn with git-svn directly.

The goal is publishing my tree.

> If you want a way to publish your code without necessarily committing it
> to "the" central repository, then I think a better solution is to allow
> creation of NEW personal git repositories on git.mplayerhq.hu (like
> git.kernel.org).

That still sucks because then I'd have to upload all the changes from
the main tree when I just update my branches.
Just make the main tree read-only either via script or policy.

Greetings,
Reimar D?ffinger