[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] FFmpeg "developers conference"

Uoti Urpala uoti.urpala
Wed Jun 20 14:23:48 CEST 2007

On Wed, 2007-06-20 at 11:53 +0200, Reimar Doeffinger wrote:
> Would it e possible for now to just keep svn but make the git-svn clone
> writeable for developers?
> Publishinng my tree via rsync just sucks.

If you make "the" clone writable, then what? It'll have contents
different from the svn tree while that is still the official state of
the project? Or would changes be automatically committed from that to
svn? If the latter then I think it's better for you to commit your
changes to svn with git-svn directly.

If you want a way to publish your code without necessarily committing it
to "the" central repository, then I think a better solution is to allow
creation of NEW personal git repositories on git.mplayerhq.hu (like
git.kernel.org).