[FFmpeg-devel] new filter infastructure stuff (Google Summer of Fun)

mmh mmh
Tue Jun 5 03:04:43 CEST 2007

Hi,

I'm interested in understanding some specific details about the new
filter structure being implemented as part of the Google Summer of
Code Project.  Specifically, will this new package support something
similar to vhooks which provide the ability to bind filters at runtime
as shared objects?  I hope the answer is yes.  I'm also hoping
something similar for audio will exist and it doesn't just cover
video.

So my feature wish list includes.

1. dynamic linking video filter chains.
2. dynamic linking audio filter chains.

I want to be able to do something like

ffmpeg -i someinput -af f0.so:args -af f1.so:args -vf f2.so -vf flipuv.so newoutput

Maybe we could even use an environment variable
FF_AV_FILTERS=/usr/local/share/ffmpeg-filters. Drop the so's and if
the filter is not bound in the system it trys to find them in the
FILTERS directory via dl stuff.

Thanks
Marc