[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] move wmv2.c to its own file

Diego Biurrun diego
Fri Jul 20 19:18:54 CEST 2007

On Thu, Jul 19, 2007 at 11:10:21PM +0200, Diego Biurrun wrote:

> On Sat, May 19, 2007 at 01:15:57AM +0200, Aurelien Jacobs wrote:
> > On Fri, 18 May 2007 11:46:40 +0200
> > Diego Biurrun <diego at biurrun.de> wrote:

> > > Here is the second try.  Unfortunately the patch is starting to become
> > > large and the resulting libavcodec.a is about 100k bigger than the
> > > original.  I'm sure you guys can tell me how to avoid this...
> >
> > You include msmpeg4tab.h in msmpeg4.h which is then included both
> > in msmpeg4.c and wmv2.c. This duplicates the static tables in the
> > 2 objects.
> > msmpeg4tab.h *must* only be included from a single .c file.
> > Tables which needs to be shared between the 2 .c files *must*
> > be moved to msmpeg4data.c.
> > This should solve the libavcodec.a size increase.
>
> Is there a (good) reason to keep any of those tables in msmpeg4tab.h?
> What about moving them all to msmpeg4data.c?

Here is a rough draft to accomplish this.  I left out the removal of
msmpeg4tab.h and the pasting of its content into mspeg4data.c, otherwise
the patch would have ballooned to 170kB.  It compiles fine here and
there is no size increase for libavcodec.a.  Do I need to give some of
the table names ff_ prefixes and/or make them non-static?

Diego