[FFmpeg-devel] MMX version for put_no_rnd_h264_chroma_mc8_c

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Thu Jul 19 10:55:28 CEST 2007

Hi

On Wed, Jul 18, 2007 at 08:57:35PM +0200, Christophe GISQUET wrote:
> Hello,
>
> (ping?)
>
> Christophe GISQUET a ?crit :
> > So the next step would be how to integrate this, currently done by
> > copy'n'editing at the end of h264dsp_mmx.c. Having a common function
> > with an additional parameter to specify which rounder to use is a
> > possibility, but that would also affect the put_avg case.
>
> So... what would be preferable?
>
> Break the first template in libavcodec/i386/dsputil_h264_template_mmx.c
> into an additional macro that would support both the no_rnd and normal
> versions ? (most code reuse, but we don't know yet the impact on speed)
>
> Or something else, like reusing the code and modify it to have the
> no_rnd version? (lower code reuse, and no special casing in the template
> macros to produce only one no_rnd function out of the 3 includes made in
> dsputil_mmx.c of dsputil_h264_template_mmx.c)

less code duplication is preferred unless that would cause a speed loss ...
if it does, i dont know, but i wont accept duplicating code without
someone providing benchmark scores showing its faster

I have often repented speaking, but never of holding my tongue.
-- Xenocrates