[FFmpeg-devel] MMX version for put_no_rnd_h264_chroma_mc8_c

Christophe GISQUET christophe.gisquet
Wed Jul 18 20:57:35 CEST 2007

Hello,

(ping?)

Christophe GISQUET a ?crit :
> So the next step would be how to integrate this, currently done by
> copy'n'editing at the end of h264dsp_mmx.c. Having a common function
> with an additional parameter to specify which rounder to use is a
> possibility, but that would also affect the put_avg case.

So... what would be preferable?

Break the first template in libavcodec/i386/dsputil_h264_template_mmx.c
into an additional macro that would support both the no_rnd and normal
versions ? (most code reuse, but we don't know yet the impact on speed)

Or something else, like reusing the code and modify it to have the
no_rnd version? (lower code reuse, and no special casing in the template
macros to produce only one no_rnd function out of the 3 includes made in
dsputil_mmx.c of dsputil_h264_template_mmx.c)

Best regards,
--
Christophe GISQUET