[Ffmpeg-devel] [RFC] dlopen vs linking for external libraries

Luca Barbato lu_zero
Tue Feb 27 19:10:57 CET 2007

Roman Shaposhnik wrote:

>   Think what you want. But I'm sick and tired of recompiling stuff from
> source on my underpowered laptop.

Having gentoo and a crossdistcc pool I must say that I don't feel that
issue...
or just being able to prepare packages issuing cmerge -t mycrazyarch -B
foo on an overpowered box like the one gamer use for their stuff, but
I'm digressing...

>   Oh, and by the way -- things like "it's a very good lure to make
> others accept your arguments behind its disguise" sound pathetic enough
> when they refer to a clearly stated argument.

Linux on desktop it what some people use to lead decisions when the
tecnical merits are void at best...

lu - dbus NOW