[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: Can not play a YUV file using ffplay

Bo Liu platinum.liu
Mon Feb 12 17:15:20 CET 2007

Limin Wang wrote:

Hi,

> * Bo Liu <platinum.liu at gmail.com> [2007-02-11 00:38:59 +0800]:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > What "newest version" are you talking about"?
> > >
> > >0.4.9? That's the latest released version, yes, but it's also truly
> > >ancient and is not supported here.
> > >
> > >dev-SVN-r7898 or earlier? That's not a recent enough development
> > >version, the fix was committed to the SVN tree in r7899 at 8:24 AM
> > >yesterday. (When a developer replies to a problem report with "fixed",
> > >he means that "a fix for this problem has now been committed to the SVN
> > >source tree".)
> > >
> > >Any other kind of version number? You're almost certainly using a
> > >packaged version, provided by some third party; such packages are not
> > >supported here, and naturally the Very Latest bugfixes made by the
> > >developers do not immediately go into such packages.
> >

> > Thank you so much for the details. I am gonna try the latest development
>
> > version. Acutally I don't know exactly what version I'm using now:). I
> > copied it from someone else and that guy said it was the latest... Maybe
> > it's a packaged version...
> >
> > I've also got another question, can I use ffplay to decode h.264 file
> and
> > play it immediately?
> > for instance:
> > ./ffplay -f h264 test.264   (suppose the file name is 'test.264' here)
> > I tried to do this but failed...
>
> It works for me. Below is ok also:
> ./ffplay test.264

thanks for your information.
which encoder you used to make the 264 file? x.264?
please give me more details.
do we have to make the command line more specific, such as './ffplay -x 352
-y 288 test.264' in order to control the display perfprmance?

by the way, I have compiled the whole ffmpeg project using the fixed
ffplay.c in SVN source tree, but still I couldn't play the yuv file. errors
are as follows:

 picture size invalid (0x0)
[rawvideo at 0x8376db0]Could not find codec parameters( Video: rawvideo,
yuv420p)
test.yuv: could not find codec parameters

the comman line I use is :   ./ffplay -f rawvideo -x 176 -y 144 test.yuv

have you ever tried the rawvideo file?

> > >(Also, please learn to snip - specifically, .sigs.)
> >

> > My native language is not English...a little confused by this
> sentence...
>
> Please don't start a new thread for the same topic every time.

Liu Bo
Sichuan University