[Ffmpeg-devel] [Bug] h264 decoder crash (sample included)

Christopher Lux christopherlux
Sat Feb 10 17:57:03 CET 2007

Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> wrote:

> the crash will be fixed when i have time or someone else does
> as i said be patient, asking every few days wont speed that up, the decoding
> errors, i assume the stream uses PAFF will not be fixed by me, maybe someone
> else will but i wont touch the messy h.264 interlacing
>
> if you seriously want PAFF support then your choices are
> * implement it yourself, this is not fun the h.264 spec is a mess which
>   generally needs to be read 3 times before you understand it, though OTOH
>   it doesnt need any magic. knowledge of C and lots of time is all thats
>   needed and many people will be happy if you add PAFF support ...
> * pay someone else to do it (your chances here are not that bad, as there are
>   many people who want PAFF who might contribute some money) but dont expect
>   me to be the one doing the PAFF coding ...

Hi,
is PAFF really the problem?

I am sorry, but i am no expert in video coding technology implementations, i work in a different field of computer science where i too have my hands full with demands brought to me. So i can understand the situation here ;).

> * wait and hope that someone else does more then you ...

-chris
--
Christopher Lux |