[Ffmpeg-devel] WMA encoding and Windows Media Player for Mac OS X

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Fri Feb 9 00:05:58 CET 2007

Hi

On Thu, Feb 08, 2007 at 10:37:54PM +0000, Patrice Bensoussan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> All the files encoded by ffmpeg in wma (using wmav1 or wmav2) will
> open in Windows Media Player for Mac OS X, but you don't hear
> anything (it only plays silence). The same file seems to play
> correctly with mplayer or QuickTime with the Flip4Mac codec. Any idea
> what could be wrong in the encoding which would cause Windows Media
> Player for Mac OS X to play only silence? The information window in
> Windows Media player on a converted file shows:
>
> audio codec unknown
> video codec wmav1
>
> Am I missing an option, or is this a known bug in ffmpeg?
> Thanks,

hmmmm :(
does it work if you mux into .avi ?
does it work if you -acodec copy a working wma into .asf ?
does non-wma audio in asf generated by ffmpeg work?

I am the wisest man alive, for I know one thing, and that is that I know
nothing. -- Socrates