[FFmpeg-devel] Audio Video Sync issue with dvr-ms files

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Sun Aug 5 21:42:35 CEST 2007

Hi

On Sun, Aug 05, 2007 at 02:03:15PM -0400, Jonathon Elwood wrote:
> Attached is a prototype for fixing the DVR-MS problems in ffmpeg.  I'm
> not submitting this for review as a proper patch because I had to do
> some very strange things to get this working.  I think there are other
> issues elsewhere in the ffmpeg code that I had to "workaround",
> however, I unfortunately couldn't find them (I tried to the best of my
> ability).  As a result, I thought I would submit this prototype and
> hopefully someone more talented than I can track down some of the
> other bugs so we wouldn't have to do all these strange things in the
> asf demuxer.  I really think the last patch I submitted (back in May)
> should be all we need to change in the asf demuxer - it worked great
> with ffplay, MPlayer, and Mencoder, but it just didn't work correctly
> with ffmpeg.  Since my last patch didn't work with ffmpeg, I spent the
> time trying to figure out why.  I wasn't successful figuring out why,
> but I did figure out what I could do in the asf demuxer to work around
> the issues.

if you cant fix the bug properly, why not start with submitting a full
bugreport with sample file(s) to our new bug tracker?

While the State exists there can be no freedom; when there is freedom there
will be no State. -- Vladimir Lenin