[FFmpeg-devel] Audio Video Sync issue with dvr-ms files

Jonathon Elwood jaelwood
Sun Aug 5 20:03:15 CEST 2007

Attached is a prototype for fixing the DVR-MS problems in ffmpeg.  I'm
not submitting this for review as a proper patch because I had to do
some very strange things to get this working.  I think there are other
issues elsewhere in the ffmpeg code that I had to "workaround",
however, I unfortunately couldn't find them (I tried to the best of my
ability).  As a result, I thought I would submit this prototype and
hopefully someone more talented than I can track down some of the
other bugs so we wouldn't have to do all these strange things in the
asf demuxer.  I really think the last patch I submitted (back in May)
should be all we need to change in the asf demuxer - it worked great
with ffplay, MPlayer, and Mencoder, but it just didn't work correctly
with ffmpeg.  Since my last patch didn't work with ffmpeg, I spent the
time trying to figure out why.  I wasn't successful figuring out why,
but I did figure out what I could do in the asf demuxer to work around
the issues.
The good news is I've tested these changes against hundreds of DVR-MS
files from around the world and with these changes the asf demuxer now
reads them great.

Sorry I not submitting a proper patch, but hopefully my work will
eventually lead to better DVR-MS support.