[Ffmpeg-devel] [RFC] av_seek_frame behaviour

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Sun Apr 22 10:00:35 CEST 2007

Hello,
On Sun, Apr 22, 2007 at 02:50:52AM +0200, Baptiste Coudurier wrote:
>  I think about always returning after demuxer seek function, see patch.
>  It might be wrong, and missed some demuxers behaviour.

This will most likely break seeking for gxf files without index.
If anything, introduce two different return values, one indicating that
the frame definitely is not there and another one to indicate that we
should try the other seek methods.
But that still will not fix your problem. From the description I'd say
what you want is a FAST_SEEK_ONLY flag or similar that would only allow
seek methods with O(log n) max. (which is another things that IMO is
wrong with that patch, av_seek_frame_binary is O(log n), so except for
streamed content there is not much reason to try that as well.
On second thought, maybe it would be better to have
SEEK_FLAG_NOCONTAINERSPECIFIC, SEEK_FLAG_NOBINARY, SEEK_FLAG_NOLINEAR.

Greetings,
Reimar D?ffinger