[Ffmpeg-devel] Modify ffplay for realtime playing

Phuoc Do pdo.cloud
Thu Apr 19 21:31:36 CEST 2007

Hello,

I am using ffplay to play a file using http protocol. However, due to packet
loss, ffplay will eventually stop playing or crash. I am trying to identify
the places where I should modify so that ffplay can be error-resilient. I
turned on -stats and noticed that the streams stops playing after the
streams are significantly out of sync. The difference A-V keeps increasing
(in absolute value). I am thinking that if the A-V difference is greater
than certain value, e.g. 1 sec, I will skip the video stream to the most
recent I-frame. Would this be a good solution for resyncing A/V streams?

Thanks,
Phuoc