[Ffmpeg-devel] RFC: compiling for armv4l

Piero Bugoni crboca32
Sun Apr 15 21:50:09 CEST 2007

>From the Gumstix website: (regarding porting 3rd party
software)

-----
First, make sure you have the cross-compile toolchain
(gumstix-build/build_arm_nofpu/staging_dir/bin) in
your path.

Then, simply enter (on Linux)

./configure --host=arm-linux (any other options you
want here)

make
-----

As I mentioned this worked fine to build bash, and is
supposed to work for packages that use the autoconf
configure/make system. They also have a "make
menuconfig" setup for building system software that is
like rebuilding a kernel.

To that extent, the hardware/software combination
works kind of like yet another Linux distribution.

I do not know what the steps are at this point to
integrate ffmpeg into their system, but the Gumstix
system would seem to make a good prototyping platform
for ARM based devices.

After I submit what I am working on now, I will head
in this direction.

Piero.