[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: RFC: compiling for armv4l

Ramiro Ribeiro Polla ramiro
Fri Apr 13 23:50:58 CEST 2007

Hi,

Vadim Lebedev wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've met a problem compiling ffmpeg  for a soc abes on arm 920 core ...
> avcocodec/armv4l/dsputil_arm_s.S
>
> does not compile because of pld instruction which really belongs to
> armv5  architecture
>
> I plan  to  create a dsputil_arm_v4_s.S  which will be used by non V5
> arch where i'll scrap the 'pld' instruction.

You don't mean duplicating the code except for the 'pld' instructions,
do you?

Take a look at what I did to overcome this in the attached patch.
Setting it selectively on configure should be enough, but I didn't
bother looking after how to do it.

The patch is not meant to be reviewed as is, since it's obviously
nonsense for the armv5 architecture.

Ramiro Polla