[Ffmpeg-devel] Patch: av_find_stream_info uses wrong time base

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Tue Sep 26 20:41:36 CEST 2006

Hi

On Sat, Sep 16, 2006 at 06:46:40AM -0600, Fred Rothganger wrote:

> >>   av_find_stream_info() is using AV_TIME_BASE rather than
> >>stream.time_base to calculate real frame rate.  This error is preventing
> >>it from detecting telecine.
> >>

> >ok if you provide a file which needs it otherwise the whole related code
> >can be removed, telecined files should be detected by the more generic
> >code above the one you changed
> >

>    I cut down the "Groundhog Day" vob to 10M, and it turns out to be
> sufficient to reproduce the problem.  Uploaded to
> MPlayer/incoming/groundhog.vob.  There is a print statement in the
> relevant section of code that when turned on gives a pretty clear
> picture of the effect of the patch...
>
> without patch:
>    telecine: coded_frame_rate=29.970 est_frame_rate=270.083
>
> with patch:
>    telecine: coded_frame_rate=29.970 est_frame_rate=24.307

problem fixed, the file seems to have a true timebase of 60000/1001 and
a average framerate of 24000/1001 so the version prior to the patch
30000/1001 and your patch 24000/1001 where both wrong
r_frame_rate is NOT an average framerate, if you want such a thing
submit a patch which adds a avg_frame_rate to AVStream