[Ffmpeg-devel] overall license review - adding proper license headers

Diego Biurrun diego
Mon Sep 11 12:25:17 CEST 2006

On Tue, Sep 05, 2006 at 04:17:47PM +0200, Benjamin Larsson wrote:
> Diego Biurrun skrev:
> >[...]
> >I'll ask you again, just in case: Are you willing to relicense the code
> >as LGPL?
> >
> >Judging from what you have written so far the answer is probably no.  In
> >this case we should go back to plain GPL on that file IMO.
> >  [...]
> >
> I dissagre to place it under GPL only, just extend the wording so it's
> less likely to missunderstand it. Otherwise you will remove a feature
> from the LGPL version of ffmpeg.

I've talked with Benjamin about this issue on IRC, he changed his mind
and now agrees that placing it under GPL only is the lesser evil
(Benjamin, do speak up if I'm misrepresenting what you said.).

I'll make this change in two days if I don't hear objections.

Diego