[Ffmpeg-devel] [OT] How to send e-mails compliant with mailman's threading with Thunderbird?

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml
Sat Sep 2 19:42:33 CEST 2006

angustia at arrozcru.no-ip.org wrote:
> Hello,
>
> First off, sorry about this OT post, but I don't want to cause any more
> incorrectly threaded e-mails in the list, and I'm sincerely lost...
>
> At first I used to write to the list using my Hotmail account and Outlook
> Express. That combination obviously screwed up all quoting and the
> threading in the archives. My e-mails were scattered all over the place
> being identified as replies to anything (in the ffmpeg-devel archives)...
>
> So I switched to Thunderbird, but my e-mails still screwed up the
> threading. Now I switched e-mail accounts to another server (I thought it
> was Hotmail or the Hotmail plugin in ThunderBird that was doing something
> non-compliant). But I see that I'm still causing the same problems in the
> threads. Using SquirrelMail (Webmail) also caused the same thing, which is
> weird, since I see other people using SquirrelMail with success on the
> list.

Can you point out some specific mails you sent from Thunderbird and from
Squirrelmail? I looked around, and the only broken ones I saw were from
Hotmail. Maybe I wasn't looking hard enough.

Anyway, I use Thunderbird most of the time and Squirrelmail
occasionally, and I haven't noticed a problem with my own mails.

-Corey