[Ffmpeg-devel] overall license review - adding proper license headers

Diego Biurrun diego
Sat Sep 2 16:12:34 CEST 2006

On Sat, Sep 02, 2006 at 02:12:51AM -0700, Michel Lespinasse wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 01, 2006 at 11:39:03AM -0400, Rich Felker wrote:
> > > libavcodec/i386/idct_mmx.c is marked as GPL but with the exception that
> > > it can be used as LGPL in libavcodec.  IMO this is equivalent to
> > > releasing it under the LGPL in libavcodec.  The licensing note should be
> > > updated.
> >
> > Yes, there is not such thing as "GPL for one particular project"
>
> Fine, consider this file as being under the GPL then.

Are you the author?  Did you give the permission to license it as LGPL
within libavcodec?

> I believe we've had this discussion a year or two ago already.

Do you have some pointers?  I haven't been in this discussion, it must
have been before my time, I'd be interested in reading up on it.

Diego