[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: Advocating periodic releases

Ulrich von Zadow coder
Fri Oct 6 17:09:50 CEST 2006

Michael Niedermayer wrote:

>> Given that the ffmpeg project doesn't seem to be interested in releases,
>
> no, we lack someone doing releases ...

That's very good to hear.

>> I can understand the desire to be independent of the ffmpeg
>> infrastructure. However, sourceforge has had serious stability and speed
>
> ffmpeg releases will be released primarely on mplayerhq and will live
> as branches in svn (or maybe some more advanced version control system
> at some point in the future)

Since releases will require stability, which is a lot easier to attain
when using a bug tracker: Would the ffmpeg project use such a system? As
we all know, the current bugzilla is all but ignored. Has anyone looked
at alternatives? Mantis (www.mantisbugtracker.com/) seems to be a clean
implementation of the necessary features without any bloat to me...

Regards,

  Uli