[Ffmpeg-devel] inttypes.h

Rich Felker dalias
Wed Nov 22 00:58:19 CET 2006

On Tue, Nov 21, 2006 at 11:50:37AM +0100, Steve Lhomme wrote:
> Brian Brice wrote:
> >M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> >>Brian Brice <bbrice at newtek.com> writes:
> >>
> >>Those typedefs were never safe, since they are not guaranteed to be
> >>the same as those from inttypes.h.  Just make your mingw inttypes.h
> >>visible to vc++ and all should be fine.  Alternatively, you could take
> >>the hint that vc++ isn't very well suited for compiling programs.  (Is
> >>it useful for anything else?)
> >
> >I can have a work around for this, but I thought it was just nice that
> >one was available already.  VC++ did very well linking up to ffmpeg's
> >libraries (not compiling those libraries!).  It was nice to have that
> >alternative to inttypes.h available in the "public" headers of ffmpeg.
> >Thanks.
>
> You can use whatever compiler you want with FFMPEG, as long as it's gcc
> 3 or 4.

Steve, STFU with the typical bullshit. You can use absolutely any
C99-compliant compiler, as well as most C89 compilers with the key
useful extensions which were standardized in C99 such as named struct
initializers. If you find code in ffmpeg that cannot be compiled with
any C99 compiler, report it as a bug and it will surely be fixed. On
the other hand if your compiler is broken then complain to the
compiler vendor, not this list!!

Rich