[Ffmpeg-devel] New patch for multiple scan JPEG decoding

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Mon Nov 20 11:21:47 CET 2006

Hi

On Mon, Nov 20, 2006 at 10:36:53AM +0100, Cyril Russo wrote:
> Ok, I've found the new version in SVN, so I've modified it, again, to
> support multiple scan JPEG.
>
> I don't know if it's me, but there wasn't any modification to JPEG
> decoding since 3 months or so,

Revision 6781 - (view) (download) (as text) (annotate) - [select for diffs]
Modified Tue Oct 24 05:01:04 2006 UTC (3 weeks, 6 days ago) by kostya
File length: 78026 byte(s)
Diff to previous 6577

JPEG-LS 16-bit gray support

> and as soon as I submit a patch, a new version appears from nowhere to
> conflict exactly from the place I've made modifications.
> Finally,  I must spend double time to rewrite the patch to the new,
> conflicting version.

kostya posted his progressive jpeg patch 2006-11-06
yours was posted 2006-11-17

> Worse, the patch from Kostya doesn't solve the multiple scan JPEG
> decoding errors as (s)he pretends. The problem is fully unrelated.
> Interleaved JPEG != Progressive JPEG != Multiple scan JPEG

kostya posted a second patch which adds Multiple scan JPEG sipport
by removing 6 lines and chagning 2, while yours duplicates a whole
function (which btw ive complained about in my review and you ignored
it)