[Ffmpeg-devel] New patch for multiple scan JPEG decoding

Cyril Russo cyril.russo
Mon Nov 20 10:36:53 CET 2006

Ok, I've found the new version in SVN, so I've modified it, again, to
support multiple scan JPEG.

I don't know if it's me, but there wasn't any modification to JPEG
decoding since 3 months or so,
and as soon as I submit a patch, a new version appears from nowhere to
conflict exactly from the place I've made modifications.
Finally,  I must spend double time to rewrite the patch to the new,
conflicting version.

Worse, the patch from Kostya doesn't solve the multiple scan JPEG
decoding errors as (s)he pretends. The problem is fully unrelated.
Interleaved JPEG != Progressive JPEG != Multiple scan JPEG

Interleaved JPEG have 1 scan with 3 components (usually).
Progressive JPEG have numerous scans with 3 components by scan (with
each new scan improving the quality of the previous DCT).
Multiple scan JPEG have 3 scan (SOS markers) with 1 component each (Y
then Cr then Cb usually).

Anyway, I've done the job twice, hopping that this time the patch will
get accepted.

Thank you for reviewing.

--
Cyril RUSSO