[Ffmpeg-devel] [RFC] stream copy, -flags, global_header

Baptiste Coudurier baptiste.coudurier
Sat Nov 11 15:39:47 CET 2006

Hi

Michael Niedermayer a ?crit :
>> [...]
>>
>> I see 2 ways, either change codec flags set to both case (stream copy
>> and encoding) in ffmpeg.c,
>
> i think idependant of this that changing stuff in AVCodecContext during
> stream copy would be usefull (think of aspect ratio, sample rate and so on)

Ok, I'll move flag set to effect on stream copy and encoding.

>> or change -vglobal behaviour to -1 (auto), 1
>> force global header, 2 force local header.
>
> hmm 0 is auto 1 is force global, 2 is force local, 3 is force local and
> global (and 4 would force neither GLOBAL nor LOCAL flag to be set in the
> flags ...)
> now i dont know if all of these work but it doesnt seem like theres a
> case missing?

Yes, case where format has AVFMT_GLOBAL_HEADER and you do not want to
touch the stream. Forcing local will, according to the code, put
extradata, memcpy, etc..
Having global will extract them, so to avoid any treatment (perf,
safety), I want to force not doing anything and that cannot be done atm.

According to the first proposition it will be done by -flags -global_header.

checking for life_signs in -lkenny... no