[Ffmpeg-devel] [RFC] stream copy, -flags, global_header

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Fri Nov 10 18:19:52 CET 2006

Hi

On Fri, Nov 10, 2006 at 03:09:44PM +0100, Baptiste Coudurier wrote:
> Hi
>
> I noticed a problem when stream copy, you cannot set -flags. It appears
> unneeded at first sight, but some flags interfere also with stream copy
> : -global_header and -local_header.
>
> It does not work basically cause the set is only done when not stream
> copying, also because -global_header flag is not A|V|E, latter is
> trivial to fix.
>
> My goal is to be able to force mpeg2video in mov, but cause of mov big
> mess, mpeg2video must be stored "as is" and atm since global_header is
> always set for mov, it splits bitstream. Btw for which container,
> mpeg2video spliting is required ?

none AFAIK

> I see 2 ways, either change codec flags set to both case (stream copy
> and encoding) in ffmpeg.c,

i think idependant of this that changing stuff in AVCodecContext during
stream copy would be usefull (think of aspect ratio, sample rate and so on)

> or change -vglobal behaviour to -1 (auto), 1
> force global header, 2 force local header.

hmm 0 is auto 1 is force global, 2 is force local, 3 is force local and
global (and 4 would force neither GLOBAL nor LOCAL flag to be set in the
flags ...)
now i dont know if all of these work but it doesnt seem like theres a
case missing?