[Ffmpeg-devel] h264 decoder/ts-streams

Julian Scheel julian
Mon Nov 6 21:18:18 CET 2006

Am Montag, 6. November 2006 21:00 schrieb Ryan Martell:
> > [h264 @ 0xb76043a8]error while decoding MB 95 8, bytestream (-3)
> > [h264 @ 0xb76043a8]concealing 7154 DC, 7154 AC, 7154 MV errors
> > [h264 @ 0xb76043a8]error while decoding MB 99 10, bytestream (-6)
> > [h264 @ 0xb76043a8]concealing 8110 DC, 8110 AC, 8110 MV errors
> >
> > all the time and the output is garbled.
> >
> > Any ideas about this?
> >
> > -Julian
>
> Not sure if it will help, but I just posted code to do the demuxing
> of h264 from an rtp stream.  Might give you some ideas.
> -Ryan

Couldn't find relevant information for me, but this could be due to my missing
knowledge about ffmpeg.
Some more testing pointed out, that avcodec_video_decode returns -1 everytime
when I pass a part of a frame, which does not include the end of the frame,
which does happen many times per frame, because the frames are much bigger
than the incoming packets.
Do I have to set some flags (I set CODEC_FLAG_TRUNCATED right now), to tell
ffmpeg that it won't get complete frames, but parts of a TS stream?

-Julian