[Ffmpeg-devel] ffpng,ffmjpeg,ffgif etc support?

compn tempn
Mon Nov 6 16:25:05 CET 2006

is there any goal to ffpng, ffmjpeg, ffgif, etc?

are they supposed to be 100% and decode (maybe even encode?) all images?
i think progressive jpeg is still not supported yet.

i know one developer wanted an mplayer and ffmpeg based image viewer, since
ffmpeg codecs are faster at decoding and mplayer video outputs are faster
at displaying than most image viewers.

there is a png file that ffpng has an error while decoding.
i think it was created using convert from imagemagick.

http://johnvansickle.com/stuff/example/frame_01.00.png

Kostya had this to say:
>That PNG is the next step - it uses 16 bits in RGBA (so it is actually RGBA64).
>I won't have enough time to work on this so demand on ffmpeg-devel to
>add error message on PNG decoder explaining why image is not supported.

is anyone working on image samples for fixing the decoders?

-compn