[Ffmpeg-devel] 4XM audio codec_tag

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Sun Nov 5 18:21:46 CET 2006

Hello,
On Sun, Nov 05, 2006 at 06:04:30PM +0100, Baptiste Coudurier wrote:
> My response is what I said earlier:
> "use a conversation table between CODEC_ID_* and whatever mplayer wants
> to use as internal fourcc."

MPlayer does this already. It's just that this table is the same as the
one in riff.c currently, thus we are using that.
I have also provided reasons why it is a good idea for those tables to
be the same (at least for video, some arguments may fail for audio).
Micheal seems to agree. Mans and you obviously disagree, but I have not
seen (might of course be my fault) reasons why they should not be and
how to decide which tags go into riff.c and which not (well, one
criteria was if they are already in use in AVI. But that will mean new codecs
can not be muxed into avi with ffmpeg).

Greetings,
Reimar D?ffinger