[Ffmpeg-devel] Call for volunteers to write NUT de/muxer for libavformat

Oded Shimon ods15
Wed Nov 1 04:57:35 CET 2006

On Tue, Oct 31, 2006 at 08:25:25PM -0500, The Wanderer wrote:
> Oded Shimon wrote:
>
> >On Mon, Oct 30, 2006 at 10:39:49AM -0800, Mike Melanson wrote:
>
> >>However, are their any sample files I can look at to get me
> >>started?
> >
> >Make them yourself from either ogg vorbis files or mpeg-4+mp3+avi
> >files using nutmerge - svn co svn://svn.mplayerhq.hu/nut/
>
> Is this really appropriate given that nutmerge itself, as obtained via
> that command line, prints a big fat warning to *not* use it for anything
> other than testing purposes?

This warning will be removed once:
1. nutmerge rejects all files it can't handle (this is almost the current
situation)
2. libnut "version" will be pushed...

> Also, are you aware that the README file in that checkout is rather
> outdated? Perhaps most notably, its instructions assume that the tree is
> in CVS rather than in SVN. It also makes some "DON"T USE THIS" type of
> statements which don't seem any more consistent with "make samples
> yourself" than the nutmerge warning does.

I forgot about that out of date stuff, I'll work on improoving it...

> On a somewhat unrelated note, I have an AVI with XviD (which is,
> technically, MPEG-4) video and MPEG-1 layer 3 audio on which nutmerge
> exits with code 05 after printing the warning message, without writing
> even one byte to the output file. After spending perhaps fifteen minutes
> learning things I'm surprised I didn't know about gdb, I still haven't
> been able to track down the place in the code where that value is set,
> but could make the failing file available if it were desired.

Can I have this file? I looked up error 5, that's a really weird error to
get...

BTW, 'grep -r "return 5" .'

- ods15