[Ffmpeg-devel] Gray Scale decoding of MPEG4 data and debugging libavcodec

Måns Rullgård mru
Mon May 15 21:23:16 CEST 2006

"Matt Schuckmann" <mschuck at imoveinc.com> writes:

> I'm using just libavcodec with my application and I'm experimenting with
> various options and formats and I'm having trouble decoding gray scale
> images that have been encoded with libavcodec's MPEG4 encoder using the
> CODEC_GRAY_FLAG flags option.
>
> The data appears to have encoded fine (well libavcodec didn't complain,
> there is data in the file, and it's smaller than the original) but whenever
> I try to decode it my app crashes on the call to avcodec_decode_video().

Do you mean it really crashes, or just returns an error?  In case of a
proper crash, please send a complete bug report as per the
instructions on the web page.

> Are there any special options or formats I need to set to make this work
> (other than CODEC_GRAY_FLAG)?
>
> Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.
>
> This brings up another question; can anyone give me some guidance on how to
> debug libavcodec in a windows environment? The best solution would be able
> to debug it directly from MSVC++ .NET 2003 since that's my current working
> environment but I'm not totally opposed something else.

We don't support msvc.  Sorry.

--
M?ns Rullg?rd
mru at inprovide.com