[Ffmpeg-devel] circular dependency between libavcodec and libswscale

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Wed Mar 22 15:37:49 CET 2006

Hi all,

in the "swscale integration" patch I sent yesterday there was a circular
dependency between libavcodec and libswscale: libswscale depends on
libavcodec (av_malloc(), av_free(), av_log(), etc...), and libavcodec
depends on libswscale (img_resample(), etc...).

I planned to remove the problem by moving swscaler_glue.c to libswscale
(so, all the resampling code is only in libswscale). But there is a
problem: libavcodec/mpegvideo.c needs img_resample (in
estimate_best_b_count())!!!

I am wondering how to solve this problem... The simplest solution is to
leave img_resample() in libavcodec, internal only (so it will be renamef
ff_img_resample()), for mpegvideo.c. But I do not like this solution at
all...

I can modify mpegvideo.c to use swscale (as suggested by the FIXME :),
but this would leave the circular dependency.

Any ideas?

			Thanks,
				Luca
                               N O    W A R ! ! !