[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: flash video 8 with on2 vp6/vp7 codec support in libavformat?

compn tempn
Thu Mar 16 08:58:00 CET 2006

Mike Melanson wrote:

>compn wrote:
>> hey! new flash video codecs in the wild!
>
>	I'm pretty sure that's not true.
>
>> could you take a look at this sample and perhapse fix whatever is wrong
>> in the demuxer?
>
>	FFmpeg does not handle On2's VP6 found in FLV/SWF.
>--
>	-Mike Melanson

i think we had a missunderstanding... the problem is the demuxer not codec.

>> http://home.twmi.rr.com/compn/clip1024.flv
>> Playing clip1024.flv.
>> libavformat file format detected.
>> [flv @ 0x5a9230]Unsupported video codec (4)

in libavformat/flvdec.c

st->codec->codec_type = CODEC_TYPE_VIDEO;
            switch(flags & 0xF){
            case 2: st->codec->codec_id = CODEC_ID_FLV1; break;
            default:
                    av_log(s, AV_LOG_INFO, "Unsupported video codec (%x)\n", flags & 0xf);
                st->codec->codec_tag= flags & 0xF;
            }
    }

i believe the new codec needs to be defined here. so that mplayer can play
it using the vp6vfw.dll binary codec.

also i'd love to see rtmp:// support in ffmpeg/mplayer, red5 ( osflash.org/red5
seems to have some start on the rtmp protocol)

rtmp://fcs.fox.speedera.net/vod/fcs.fox/simpsons/sexy_video.flv
for s sample rtmp stream

-compn