OT - video connectors (was: Re: [Ffmpeg-devel] [ bug ] converting png to dv gives solid black )

Cian Duffy myob87
Wed Mar 15 13:59:51 CET 2006

On 15/03/06, Erik Slagter <erik at slagter.name> wrote:

> Hmmm, what would you want to do with more RGB signals?

High quality recording. That is, assuming your STB doesn't have a hard drive
or DVD recorder built in.

Anyway, I am using a scart RGB multiplexer that can also replicate the
> RGB signals to more connectors. Yeah, this isn't out-of-the-box, but at
> least it's possible. Same goes for TV sets, btw.

I have a similar setup for my rather strange flat panel TV - SCART 1 is RGB,
SCART 2 is composite only and also swaps with the composite port on the back
and SCART 3 is S-Video and composite and also swaps with the S-Video port on
the back. Said TV also supports NTSC/PAL/S?CAM and has a VGA port on the
back. Its a rather strange piece of kit...

Cian