[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: How to compile ffmpeg with faac support on Windows?

Erik Slagter erik
Wed Mar 15 13:14:31 CET 2006

On Tue, 2006-03-14 at 10:35 +0100, Lars Blumberg wrote:

> $ make install
> make: *** No rule to make target `install'.  Stop.
>
> What is the problem? I have a compiled version of libfaac.lib in the
> /libfaac/Release folder.

Ehmmm.... make is telling you here it doesn't know what you mean with
"install". That is way before any actual processing by your compiler,
linker or whatever.

It looks like the make you use doesn't fully understand the makefiles
used by ffmpeg, or that you don't use the proper makefile (I don't know,
does ffmpeg have special makefiles for non-unix?).