[Ffmpeg-devel] [ bug ] converting png to dv gives solid black

Erik Slagter erik
Mon Mar 13 15:03:01 CET 2006

On Mon, 2006-03-13 at 14:11 +0100, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> > I really hope this silly technical artifact dies very soon, as will NTSC
> > (and PAL and SECAM).
>
> iam surely in favor of having */1001 and interlacing killed but for
> existing videos which have been sampled at */1001 interlaced theres
> no choice, you cant losslessly convert them to progressive integer fps

I'd suggest broadcasting everything in 30 fps and upsample the audio
accordingly, just like movie -> B/G conversion. The difference is even
less... I am sure conventional analogue TV sets can display 30 fps
equally well as 30000/1001 fps.

Did I oversee something here?