[Ffmpeg-devel] [Ffmpeg-devel-old] Huffman Limits

Mike Melanson mike
Sun Mar 12 03:38:41 CET 2006

Hi,
	Are there any limits on Huffman tables in FFmpeg? I guess I am asking
about codeword sizes. There are some tables in AAC where the codewords
reach up to 19 bits it size. But then, SVQ1 has some 22-bit codewords
and FFmpeg seems to have no trouble handling those. Are there any
special concerns with larger codeword sizes?

	Here is the table in question:

http://wiki.multimedia.cx/index.php?title=AAC_Huffman_Tables#AAC_Scalefactor_Huffman_Table

FAAD2 approaches the problem with a 19-level binary Huffman tree. Maybe
we can do better.

	Thanks...
--
	-Mike Melanson