[Ffmpeg-devel] About swscale

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Thu Jun 29 09:38:37 CEST 2006

Hi

On Wed, Jun 28, 2006 at 07:20:04PM +0200, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 24, 2006 at 02:57:27PM +0100, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> > Roberto Togni <r_togni at tiscali.it> writes:

> > > It will create problem to every repository referencing an exact ffmpeg
> > > version with external property.
> >
> > And who does that?  I wouldn't think it could be all that many, given
> > that we've only been running svn for less than a month.
>
> Do we have a decision about this issue?

yes we do
i as maintainer of ffmpeg and sws decided as follows:

sws will stay in mplayer for now and shall be checked out as external
in the ffmpeg project, this is the solution which splits the issues so
that we can individually discuss and decide on them, the "use sws in ffmpeg"
stuff can be applied without having to disscuss the weakly related
repository structure first
we can always move sws into ffmpeg or its own repository later, theres
no need to hold the sws patches up ...