[Ffmpeg-devel] Bug reporting

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Wed Jul 26 13:31:29 CEST 2006

Hi

On Wed, Jul 26, 2006 at 01:00:20PM +0200, Ulrich von Zadow wrote:
> Diego Biurrun wrote:
> >On Wed, Jul 26, 2006 at 11:34:17AM +0200, Ulrich von Zadow wrote:
>
> >>I assume setting up bugzilla/trac or something similar has been
> >>discussed and isn't wanted? It would sure help downstream people a lot.
> >
> >http://bugzilla.mplayerhq.hu/
>
> Ah, cool. Of course, that begs the question why
> http://ffmpeg.mplayerhq.hu/bugreports.html contains this:
>
> "If you find a problem with FFmpeg, you can submit a report to the
> ffmpeg-devel mailing list."
>
> and doesn't mention the tracking system at all.
>
> No harm intended - just trying to improve user relations here.

because i many times said iam against bugzilla, i cant stop people
from reportung bugs there, but i wont read/use it

if someone wants to setup a sane bugtracker, ive no problem using that
but i will not touch bugzilla ...
maybe trac is ok, it definitly looks nice, can it forward all changes
to a mailinglist? its some timeago since i last looked at it and i
cant remember what the problem with it was?