[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: av_log() bloatedness

Sigbjørn Skjæret cisc
Thu Jul 20 19:44:52 CEST 2006

[..not subscribed to the list, will probably break thread, sorry..]

>> supposedly somebody could like to have a custom callback() like a syslog
>> one.
> then he sets av_log= my_callback;

Although I'm aware that lavc isn't recommended as a shared library atm I guess
it will some time in the future be allowed?

If so then the above suggestion is not practical for non-dl methods as
variables are not exported .. my impression is that this is the reason
av_log_set_callback() exists (and it works great as well), it would be a pity
if this was removed...

- CISC