[Ffmpeg-devel] [bugs] grabbing v4l2 -> buffer underflow ; packet too large ; pcm_s16le vs mp2

Erik Slagter erik
Fri Feb 24 15:22:35 CET 2006

On Fri, 2006-02-24 at 14:13 +0000, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:

> > BTW what is the added value for trying to support all codecs in program
> > streams? IMHO if you don't want to use avi, mp4 suits this use much
> > better because it can handle all sorts of codecs natively.
>
> The problem with mp4 is that it is virtually impossible to read or write
> properly.  Haven't you been following the discussion this week?

LOL :-) What do you think :-)

Anyway, I have a target set for myself to make the ffmpeg mp4 output as
"good" as possible. In the meantime, people that want really correct mp4
output can call the help of gpac to remux the stream. But I am really
confident that we get mp4 really good, sooner or later, one has to be
optimistic :-) For myself I'd rather put effort in mp4 than in more or
less obsoleted technology like mpeg1/2 containers.