[Ffmpeg-devel] Question about parameters

Robert Swain robert.swain
Sun Dec 24 03:45:43 CET 2006

Hello,

On 24 Dec 2006, at 01:57, Aaron Williams wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am writing a new audio "codec" which basically computes the peak RMS
> volume for normalizing audio in another pass and am wondering if
> there's
> a standard way for my codec to introduce a new parameter so I can
> specify the RMS window size?  What is the best way for me to add this
> parameter to pass to my module?  My goal is to use the output from
> this
> to adjust the -vol parameter in the transcoding pass.
>
> Sorry about my previous posting.

Did you intend to quote yourself and reply to the old thread again to
make this apology or do you still think you're not hijacking the
thread with this second posting? Don't reply to a thread and change
the subject to start a new thread. Compose a completely new mail and
send it to the appropriate address.

Thanks,
Rob