[Ffmpeg-devel] moving non-SIMD parts of libswscale to LGPL

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Tue Dec 19 14:20:29 CET 2006

On Fri, 2006-12-15 at 18:05 +0100, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
[...]
> > > doxygen ...
> > [...]
> > Ok; I hope I addressed all the issues. The new version of the is
> > attached; I post it again so that everyone can have a look, and someone
>
> iam still ok with the patch (assuming it work / looks correct) ...
I tried some conversions (such as yuv420p <--> bgr24) with ffmpeg, and
they seemed to work ok, and I verified that swscale-example does not
crash.

Can I commit yuv2rgb_init.c (together with the patch I previously
posted), so that it can have more testing?
Some notes:
- this version of the patch should not change anything if CONFIG_GPL is
used (if it changes something, it's a bug). So, it should not break
mplayer. After it's committed, I propose to wait for a week or two, and
then change the code to always use yuv2rgb_init.c even if CONFIG_GPL is
used (to remove code / data duplication)
- the code still contains the first yuv ---> rgb tables I generated. I
plan to update them after the code is in the repository... Is this ok?

			Thanks,
				Luca